- 750 Gms Mutton Chunks
- 3 Onions (Finely Chopped)
- 15 – 16 Garlic Cloves (Finely Chopped)
- 1.5 Inch Ginger (Finely Chopped)
- 2 Green Chilli (Chopped)
- 3 – 4 Tomato (Freshly Pureed)
- 1 Tsp Deghi Mirch
- 1/2 Tsp Haldi
- 1 Tsp Coriander Powder
- Salt to Taste
- 2 Tbsp Mutton Masala (Everest)
- 4 – 5 Green Cardamom
- 2 Black Cardamom
- 5 – 6 Cloves
- 1 Tsp Cumin (Jeera)
- 2 – 3 Tej Patta
- 9 – 10 Black Pepper Corn
- 1 Cinnamon Stick (Small Piece)
- 1 Star Anise
- 2 Red Chilli Whole
- Mace (Javitri) – A Small Piece
- 1 Tsp Kasuri Methi
- Coriander Leaves for Garnish
Prep: 15 minutes
Cooking: 15 minutes
- In a pressure cooker heat the oil (of your choice) 2-3 spoons, now add and fry the onion, ginger, garlic, green chilli along with all your sabut (khada) masalas on medium heat and sauté them till the onion gets nice golden in colour.
- Lower the flame and make a pit in between your onions and add deghi mirch and haldi powder mix it and add 1/2 glass of water and stir it. Now add all your dry spices and salt also and cook it till water vanishes. At this point add tomato puree and cook it till you see oil at the sides. Add mutton to the mixture, mix it well and add a glass of water, close the lid.
- Now if you have 1hrs with you then prefer giving it 3-4 whistles and open the lid and slow cook your mutton till tender add water if required. It will take 40 mins.
- In case you are running short of time, then pressure cook your mutton to 7-8 whistles on medium flame and open it and cook it for 5-10 mins on low heat.
- Check to season and serve it hot with coriander on top.