- 2 Cups Oats Flour (you can use processed oats and churn them in a blender)
- 1/2 Cup Yoghurt (or till the flour binds)
- Salt to Taste
- For Paratha
- Mash Potatoes and add cumin powder, salt, green chillies and coriander. Blend it all.
- For Masala Oats
- Mix paprika, cumin seeds, garam masala and turmeric into the oats flour.
- For Artisanal Oats
- Black sesame seeds, coriander, tomatoes and curry leaves.
- For Jaggery Oats
- Jaggery Powder and 1 tablespoon ghee.
Prep: 25 minutes
Cooking: 15 minutes
- Mix oats flour, yoghurt, salt and oil if needed and make a dough (note that the oats flour tends to be sticky hence use the yoghurt sparingly).
- Rest the dough for 10 minutes. Roll and knead with hands and make dough balls.
- Separate the balls and use it to make parathas, stuff the mashed potato mixture into the dough and roll into a flatbread.
- Repeat the process for masala flatbread and roll the dough with spices.
- For artisanal flatbread, roll the dough into a flatbread and lightly press the seeds, tomato, coriander and curry leaves into the bread. Transfer into a hot iron skillet and let cook on the other side. Once it browns, turn over gently and let it cook evenly.
- For jaggery oats, roll jaggery powder and ghee onto the dough. Cook on an iron skillet till it browns.