- 500 G Onions, Cut in Round Thin Slices
- 4-5 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar/ Apple Cider
- 5-10 G Jaggery
- 4 Tbsp Butter + Olive Oil
- Salt & Chili Flakes to Taste
- 100 ml Boiling Water
Prep: 10 minute
Cooking: 30 minutes
- Heat butter and oil in a heavy bottomed large pan.
- Add onions and a large pinch of salt, let the onions sweat it out for 10-15 mins. Keep stirring.
- Add jaggery and vinegar, mix well and let the liquid evaporate.
- Add boiling water, cook till all the water has evaporated.
- Season well. And it is ready!