- 1kg Chicken
- 2 Tbsp Pepper Corn
- 1 Tbsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 Tbsp Coriander Seeds
- 1 Tbsp Fennel
- 2 Dry Red Chilies
- 1 Tsp Turmeric
- 6 Tbsp Oil (preferably coconut oil)
- 2 Onions
- Salt to Taste
- 2 Tbsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
- 2 Tomatoes
- 1 Tsp Garam Masala
- 1/2 Cup Water
Prep: 30 minutes
Cooking: 45 minutes
- Marinate 1 kg chicken with turmeric and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- In a pan, add the below ingredients, dry roast them and make it into a fine powder (2 tbsps peppercorns, 1 tbsp cumin seeds, 1 tbsp coriander seeds, 1 tbsp fennel and 2 dry red chilies).
- In the same pan, add 6 tablespoons oil (I prefer coconut oil). Saute 2 finely chopped onions for 5 minutes.
- Now add salt and ginger-garlic paste. Saute again!
- Once the raw smell of the ginger-garlic goes, add 2 finely chopped tomatoes and cook till they turn mushy.
- Now add the marinated chicken. Fry it for 5 minutes, then add 1/2-1 teaspoon of garam masala powder and the masala powder which we prepared earlier. Give it a mix and add 1/2 cup of water.
- Cover with a lid and slow cook the chicken for 30 to 40 minutes (if you feel there is a lot of water then keep it open and cook for another 5 minutes till the water evaporates and you get the right consistency). In case you need it dry do not add water.