- 1 Potato (medium-big size)
- 1/4 Tbsp Black Pepper
- Salt to Taste
- Olive Oil for Frying (you can use any other vegetable oil)
Prep: 15 minutes
Cooking: 30 minutes
- Scrub potato clean and peel it. Grate on a large-holed side of a grater.
- Use a kitchen towel or several tissue papers to remove excess water. Spread the potato shavings evenly.
- Fold the towel and twist it to remove as much water as you can. Repeat this process 2-3 times.
- Transfer the potato shavings into the bowl. Toss it with salt and pepper. Mix with light hands and keep aside.
- In a pre-heated pan, add olive oil. Spread the potatoes over the pan in an even layer.
- With the help of a spatula, give it a round shape. Keep the flame on medium heat and do not touch them for the next 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, turn them over. Drizzle some oil and again wait for 15 minutes.
- Very crispy and perfectly cooked hash browns are ready.