- 2 Cups Desiccated Coconut
- 1 Cup Milk
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 3 Tbsp Malai / Fresh Cream (Amul)
- 1/2 Tsp Pink/Red Food Color
- 1/4 Cup Crushed Pistachios & Cashews
Prep: 25 minutes
Refrigeration: 10 minutes
- For the laddoo mixture – In a saucepan, mix desiccated coconut, milk and sugar. Cover it for 15 mins.
- After 15 mins, the mixture turns soft and combined. Cook this mixture on a low flame while stirring continuously.
- Add 3 tbsp malai/fresh cream to the mixture and cook for another 10 mins on medium flame.
- After about 10 mins, the mixture turns lumpy and starts leaving the edge of the pan.
- Switch off the gas and keep 2 tbsp of this mixture aside.
- Add your food colour and mix well. Your laddoo mixture is ready.
- For the pistachio stuffing – Take the laddoo mixture that was kept aside.
- Add crushed pistachio and cashew and make a soft mixture. Now make small pistachio balls with the mixture.
- How to stuff the laddoos – Take 1tbsp of laddoo mixture on your palm and flatten in.
- Insert a pistachio ball in it and wrap the laddoo mixture around it and shape it roundly. Roll the laddoos in some desiccated coconut.
- Top it off with some pistachios and rose petals.