- 2 Tbsp Oil
- 1/2 Tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 Tbsp Cumin Seeds
- A pinch of hing (asafoetida)
- 8-10 Curry Leaves
- 1 Cup Besan
- 3/4 Cup Water
- Garlic-Green Chilli paste (8-10 garlic cloves & 3-4 green chillies or chopped garlic and chillies)
- 1/4 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- Salt to Taste
- Coriander Leaves (finely chopped)
Prep: 10 minutes
Cooking: 20 minutes
- In a pan, heat oil and add mustard seeds. Let them pop.
- Next, add cumin seeds and let them splutter.
- Then add hing, curry leaves and onions. Fry the onions until a light golden colour.
- By the time onions change colour, in a separate bowl, take besan and add water. Mix well to make a paste and make sure no lumps are formed.
- When the onions turn light golden, add garlic-green chilli paste, turmeric powder and mix well. Fry everything well for a minute.
- Then add the besan mixture and salt. Mix everything well.
- Cook on medium heat stirring continuously until it thickens up a little. Cover and cook on medium heat for about 7-8 minutes.
- Add a lot of chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
- The pithla is ready. Serve with any bhakari.