- 2 Tablespoons Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Mustard Seeds
- 2 Sprigs Curry Leaves
- 2 Green Chillis (chopped)
- 2 Onions (small & sliced)
- 1 Carrot (medium and diced)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cumin Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- Salt & Sugar to Taste
- 1 Lemon (juiced)
- 1 Potatoes (large, boiled cut into cubes)
- A Handful of Peanuts
- 2 Sprigs Coriander (chopped)
Prep: 5 minutes
Cooking: 15 minutes
- Start with tempering by heating the oil and cooking through by combining curry leaves, mustard seeds, green chillies and onions. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add turmeric and cumin powder and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and carrots and cook. If it is drying out, deglaze with a splash of water, cooking further for 5 minutes.
- Quickly rinse the Poha and add to the masala. Mix well.
- Season as required with salt, sugar and lemon juice.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.