- Serves 4
- 4 Potatoes (Large)
- 1 Green Zucchini
- 1 Yellow Zucchini
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper
- 1/2 Litre Milk
- 1 Tsp Rock Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Dry Oregano (Keya)
- 1 Tsp Sarovar Tomato Powder (Optional)
- 1 Inch Cinnamon
- 1 Tsp Black Peppercorns
- 2 Bay Leaf’s
- 3 Dry Red Chilies
- 30 Gms Amaranth Flour
- 2 Tbsp Amul Unsalted Butter
- 100 Gms Grated Milky Mist Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Tbsp Figaro Olive Oil
Prep: 15 Minutes
Cooking: 35 Minutes
- Peel and dice the yellow and green zucchini. Dice the yellow and red bell peppers.
- Peel and slice the potatoes. Keep them in water to prevent them from oxidation.
- Boil some salted water enough to cover the sliced potatoes. Parboil them and strain in a colander. Set aside to cool.
- For the sauce, boil the milk in a pan. Add the dry spices and let it simmer on low heat.
- Meanwhile, cream the amaranth flour and butter together. Add it to the simmering milk. Whisk continuously to avoid lumps.
- Let the mixture thicken on low heat. Add the dried oregano, tomato powder and salt. Remove from heat and set aside. Heat oil in a pan. Add the diced zucchini and sauté for a minute.
- Add the diced bell peppers and adjust the seasoning. Saute again for a minute.
- Add half of the prepared sauce to the veggies. Mix well and remove from heat.
- Line your borosil tray with some sauce. Now layer the parboiled potatoes on top of the sauce.
- Now spread the vegetable mix on the layer of potatoes.
- Repeat the process thrice, alternating between sauce, potatoes and vegetables.
- Finally spread the grated cheese on top evenly. Bake in a preheated oven at 180C for 20 mins.
- Slice into equal portions and enjoy when hot.