- Makes One 6-Inch Cake
- 1/2 Cup Grated Carrot (Or Pulsed in Mixer)
- 1 Ripe Banana
- 1/2 Cup Powdered/Grated Jaggery (I Used 24 Mantra Brand Organic Jaggery) Or Sugar
- 1 Egg (Or 1/4 Cup Yogurt)
- 1/3 Cup Oil
- 1/4 Tsp Nutmeg Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 3/4 Cup Whole-wheat Flour
- 1/4 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- Pinch of Salt
- 1/2 Cup Instant Oats
- Chopped Walnuts/Pecans/ Roasted Seeds Optional
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Essence
Prep: 10 minutes
Cooking: 15 minutes
- Preheat oven to 180 C/350F.
- Blend oil, sugar/ jaggery, banana and egg (or yoghurt) in a mixer.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spice powders into a large bowl. You can leave out the spices and add vanilla essence alone, if you like.
- Pour the liquid mixture in and lightly combine.
- Add in the carrots and oats. Don’t over mix.
- Add nuts or seeds if you prefer.
- Stir in gently to just combine. Do not over mix whole-wheat cakes or they will get dense.
- Transfer to a greased 6-inch baking tin and level the surface.
- Bake at 180 C for 20-25 mins. Check if done at the centre using a skewer.