- Makes 2 Kg
- 1 Kg Laadva Keri
- 750 ml Mustard Oil
- 100 gms Fennel Seeds (Saunf), Powdered
- 100 gms Whole Coriander Seeds (Dhana), Powdered
- 100 gms Split Mustard Seeds (Rai Ke Kuria)
- 20 Garlic Pods, Crushed
- 10 Whole Garlic Pods
- 4 Tsp Chilli Powder
- 4 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 Tbsp White Vinegar
- 4 Tsp Salt
- For the Whole Spices
- 10 Cloves
- 15 Peppercorns
- 2 Nos 1″ Cinnamon Stick
- 6-7 Bay Leaves
Prep: 10 minutes
Cooking: 25 minutes
- Wipe the mangoes with a moist kitchen towel and dry them.
- Cut into medium-sized pieces without peeling.
- Add turmeric, salt, whole spices to the mangoes and mix. Let it rest on the counter for 8 hours.
- Add saunf powder, split mustard, coriander powder, chilli powder and garlic. Mix and keep aside for 1 day.
- Add the oil and vinegar. Mix and bottle it. Do not refrigerate *
- After a week, mix well again. Keep checking every 15 days to see if the mango is softening. This should take around 1½ – 2 months. Enjoy.