- 1 Kg Boneless Chicken
- For the Green Paste
- 2 Onions (medium-sized)
- 10-12 Pieces Green Chillies
- 10-15 Sprigs or 50 grams Coriander
- For the White Paste
- 20 Pieces Cashew Nuts
- 1 ½ Tbsp or 15 grams Poppy Seeds
- For the Marination
- 150 grams Curd
- 150ml Milk
- 150ml Fresh Cream
- 30 gms or 3 Tbsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
- 1 Tsp Chaat Masala Powder
- 1 Tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 Tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 2 Tsp Salt
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- For Smokey Flavour
- 2 Pieces Charcoal
- 1 Tsp Oil
- 1/2 Tsp Clove Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Black Cardamom Powder
- A Piece of Aluminium Foil
- For Frying and Cooking
- 200ml Oil
- 1 Tbsp Butter
Prep: 120 minutes
Cooking: 40 minutes
- To marinate, take the washed chicken in a large vessel.
- Add ginger-garlic paste, green paste, white paste, curd, milk, cream, chaat masala powder, garam masala powder, pepper powder, salt and oil. Mix it all well with the chicken.
- Cover the bowl and keep it aside to marinate for 2 hours.
- To fry, add 100 ml oil into a deep-frying pan and wait until the oil heats up.
- On medium flame, fry all marinated chicken pieces until golden brown.
- To cook, heat oil in a saucepan and add into the vessel containing marinated masala only.
- On medium flame, keep stirring until the gravy thickens.
- Now add the fried chicken pieces into the gravy and with the lid closed, let it simmer it for 15 minutes on low flame.
- Add 1 tbsp butter and again simmer it for another 10 minutes.
- Place on a piece of aluminium foil, the mix of powdered clove and black cardamom, two pieces of small burning charcoals with 1 tsp of oil before closing the lid again.
- Cook for 10 minutes and serve it with roti, naan or jeera rice.