- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper
- 1/2 Cup Almonds
- 2 White Onions, Thinly Sliced
- 6 Garlic Pods
- 3 Vegetarian Broth Cubes (Maggi India)
- 1 Tsp Oregano
- 1/4 Tsp Mixed Dried Herbs
- 1 Tsp Paprika
- 1/4 Tsp White Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Finely Chopped Mint
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
Prep: 20 minutes
Cooking: 15 minutes
- Soak almonds in hot water for 2 hours. Drain and de-skin.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C. Grease a baking tray with olive oil. Slice the bell peppers into thick strips and line them on the tray along with the garlic. Bake for 30-35 minutes until the bell peppers are slightly charred (browned) and aromatic.
- Heat olive oil in a pressure cooker. Add the onions and sauté until soft. Add the broth cubes, paprika, herbs, white pepper and sauté for a minute. Add the almonds, bell peppers, garlic and stir well. Add 4 cups water and pressure cook to two whistles.
- Allow it to cool and then blend the soup using an immersion/stick blender until you have a slightly nutty, grainy texture.
- Adjust salt and spices, add mint and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with sesame seeds, cream (if desired) and mint. Serve hot.