- Serves 6
- 150gm Black Gram, Split/Urad Dal
- 2 Tsp Sugar
- 4 – 5 Green Cardamoms, Crushed
- 1 Tsp Fennel Seeds, Crushed
- 1/4 Tsp Tata Salt
- Fortune Sunflower Oil for Deep Frying
- Thin Sugar Syrup for Dipping Boras
- Slivered Almonds and Pistachios for Garnish
Prep: 60 minutes
Cooking: 40 minutes
- Soak the urad dal for 4 hours. Then using minimal water, grind it to a thick paste.
- Add the sugar, crushed fennel, green cardamom and salt and whisk the mixture with your hands to make it light and airy.
- Rest the mixture for around 15 mins.
- Then make small boras and fry on medium flame so that they are cooked inside out.
- Then dip in the sugar syrup for 15 mins and remove.
- Garnish with slivered almonds and pistachios and serve.
- Note – Addition of baking soda is completely optional. Also make thin sugar syrup to dip in else it will not seep in the boras.