- 1 Bowl Corn (half-crushed)
- 1/2 Bowl Capsicum (finely chopped)
- 2 Tsp Chilli-Ginger Paste
- Salt to Taste
- 2-3 Tbsp Rice Flour
- A Cup of Oil
Prep: 10 minutes
Cooking: 10 minutes
- Take the raw corn from a cob and half crush on the pulse in a mixer.
- Put it in a bowl and add chopped capsicum, salt and chilli-ginger paste as per your taste.
- Then add rice flour for binding the batter and crispiness (do not use water as the corn has water content). Mix the batter well.
- To keep this healthy, you could take the appe pan to fry the fritters. Heat the pan and make small roundish dollops of batter and put it in the cavity. (With this vessel you can use lesser flour and yet get your balls right as it does not have the risk of splitting when deep-frying).
- Once you fill all the slots, you can put 2-3 drops of oil from the side in each and then turn it. Do the same to the other side and you will see they get nice golden-brown and are ready to eat! Relish with green chutney!
- TIP – Of course, you can deep fry if you like them real crunchy. You could add jalapeño instead of capsicum for variation. If you would like to add cheese, cut cubes of around 5mm and push some cubes in once you put the batter in the mould. Do that for each ball as you fill in each mould and not all at once in the end.