- Serves – 4
- 750 ml Full Fat Milk
- 2 Custard Apples
- 2 Tbsp Amul Mithai Mate
- 10 – 12 Almonds
- 1/2 Tsp Cardamom Powder
- Few Saffron Strands
Prep: 15 minutes
Cooking: 30 minutes
- Bring the milk to a boil in a pan and let it simmer on low heat.
- Add the condensed milk and mix well. Sprinkle the cardamom powder and saffron strands. Let the milk continue to thicken on low heat.
- When the milk has reduced to half of the original quantity, remove it from flame and cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, remove the pulp from custard apples. Do not scrape too hard as you may get the bitterness of the shells.
- Also thinly slice the almonds. Once the milk is cool, add the fruit pulp and mix well. No further cooking is required.
- Remove in a container and chill overnight.
- Garnish with slivered almonds and few saffron strands. Serve chilled.
- Note – Please pick large and ripe custard apples as the amount of condensed milk to be added can be adjusted based on the sweetness of the fruit.