- 6 Medium Beets (2 1/2 lb with greens), Trimmed (leaving 1-inch of stems attached)
- 2 1/2 lb Carrots, Cut diagonally into 3/4-inch-thick slices
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil (in my case, 2 tbsps of bacon fat)
Prep: 10 minutes
Cooking: 25 minutes
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Wrap beets tightly in foil, making 2 packages and roast in middle of oven until tender, about 1 1/4 hours.
- Toss carrots with bacon fat, oil and salt and pepper to taste in a shallow baking pan.
- Remove beets from oven and roast carrots in the middle of oven until tender, about 20 minutes.
- While carrots are roasting, unwrap beets and, when just cool enough to handle, slip off skins and remove stems. Cut each beet into 6 wedges.
- Add beets to carrots, tossing to combine, and roast until beets are hot and carrots are very tender, about 15 minutes more.
About – A Kilo Of Kindness
#AKiloOfKindness is an initiative by From Around that aims at encouraging people to shop on www.21organic.com leading up to Diwali to raise funds for a child’s education. 100% of profits will go towards St. Catherine’s Home to help secure a child’s future. This time when you cook your favourite meal, you’d have changed someone’s world.