- Serves 3-4
- 1 Cup Soya Granules/Chunks Soaked in Warm Water For 15-20 Mins
- 4 Hard-Boiled and Peeled Eggs
- 2 Medium Boiled and Mashed Potatoes
- 2 Finely Chopped Green Chilies
- Salt to Taste
- 1/4 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Chilli Powder
- 1 Tsp Garam Masala
- 1/2 Tsp Chaat Masala
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Coriander Leaves
- Bread Crumbs /Besan For Binding the Koftas (Approx. 1/4 Cup)
- Oil for Frying
Prep: 60 minutes
Cooking: 30 minutes
- Drain the soaked soya granules. Squeeze out any excess water. If using chunks, pulse in the mixer for a few seconds till minced.
- Mix all the ingredients except egg, in a bowl. Add bread crumbs or besan as required to get firmly moldable consistency.
- Take an egg-sized ball of soya kheema mixture and flatten on your palm.
- Place one egg in it and then cover the egg completely with the mixture forming an even coating. Add more mixture to seal any gaps. Make sure the coating is not too thin.
- Cover all eggs this way with sufficient soya mixture making sure it is firm. Refrigerate for at least 30 mins.
- Deep fry in medium hot oil. Turn the koftas gently only after one side has browned. Preferably fry them just before serving, cut into halves along their length.
- Please refer the image to see how it’s done.