- 750 Gms Chicken
- Oil (for deep frying)
- 1/2 Tsp Poppy Seeds
- 1 Cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp Coriander Seeds
- 1/2 Tsp Pepper Corns
- 10 Cloves
- 1 Tsp Shahi Jeera
- 1 Tsp Cumin Seeds
- 2 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 8-10 Green Chillies
- Handful Curry Leaves
- Handful Garlic
- Salt as required
- Chilli Powder as required
- A pinch of red food colour (optional)
- 1 Tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 Tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 Tsp Lemon Juice
- Water as required (around 5 tbsp)
Prep: 15 minutes
Cooking: 45 minutes
- For the spice mix, in a pan, heat a teaspoon of oil and dry roast poppy seeds, cinnamon, coriander seeds, peppercorns, cloves, shahi jeera and cumin seeds. Then add them to a blender and make a fine powder.
- Rinse and drain the excess water from the chicken.
- Heat oil in a pan/kadhai and add a teaspoon of turmeric powder to reduce the splattering of oil.
- Now add chicken and fry until cooked completely. Remove from oil once the chicken gets a nice golden-brown colour.
- In the same oil, fry green chillies and curry leaves till they become crispy. Remove from oil and put aside.
- In a bowl, add fried chicken, spice mixture, salt, chilli powder, food colour, turmeric powder, coriander powder, ginger-garlic paste and lemon juice and mix well. Add water as needed while mixing, to ensure that all the chicken pieces are coated uniformly.
- Now, in a pan, heat 1 tsp of oil and add chopped garlic. Fry for 2 minutes.
- Then add spice coated chicken. Mix well and cook for 5-10 minutes on medium flame (add water if needed).
- Add a teaspoon of lemon juice and mix thoroughly.
- In the end, add fried green chillies and curry leaves.