- 100 g Roasted Chana Dal Split (Daliya)
- 1 Tsp Cumin
- 1 Tsp Sugar
- Salt as Per Taste
- 1 Lemon, Juiced
- Handful Coriander Leaves
- 12-15 Green Chili
- 1 inch Ginger
- 12-15 Curry Leaves
Prep: 120 minutes
Cooking: 60 minutes
- In a mixer add in the roasted chana dal split, cumin seeds, salt and sugar and pulse it. Make a fine powder from it. Remove that in a plate.
- In the same mixer put in the ginger, chilli(can add according to the heat required), curry leaves and lemon juice(we add lemon juice to get a tangy kick and also are preventing the coriander which we will add next to turn black). Blend this into a smooth paste.
- Now add coriander leaves to this paste and blend this as well into a smooth paste (We add the coriander later so that we get a smooth and fine paste rather than adding everything together and getting chunky pieces).
- Pour this paste into the prepared flour earlier and knead like a dough. No water will be required. This will form a big ball when it comes together. Now you can store it as it is or make small balls and store it. Store it in the freezer for longer shelf life. Enjoy it with anything.