- 2-3 Cups Dahi (Full Fat Yogurt Preferably)
- 4 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 Red Dry Chilly
- 3-4 Cloves Garlic (Roughly Chopped)
- 1 Inch Ginger (Roughly Chopped)
- 2-3 Madras Onions (Finely Chopped)
- 3-4 Sprigs of Fresh Curry Leaves
- 1 Pinch Mustard Seeds
- 1 Pinch Fenugreek Seeds
- 1 Pinch Hing (Asafetida)
- 1 Pinch Coriander Powder
- 1 Tsp Urad Daal
- 1 Tsp Tuvar Daal
- 1-2 Fresh Green Chillies Slit into Half
- Salt to Taste
- Fresh Coriander for Garnish
Prep: 15 minutes
Refrigeration: 20 minutes
- In a big bowl mix the yogurt well to avoid any lumps. If the yogurt is too thick you can water it down to your choice of consistency. Put the yogurt in the fridge to chill a little.
- In a pan heat coconut oil, once the oil is hot then add the whole red dry chilly, mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, urad daal, tuvar daal & cook till they splatter.
- Then add the sliced onions, ginger, garlic, curry leaves, slit green chillies & cook till onions become translucent & pinkish in colour on med high heat.
- Add the salt, coriander powder, hing & mix well on med low heat till the raw smell of the powders goes away (1-2 mins).
- Remove the yogurt from the fridge & simply pour the tadka on top of the chilled yogurt & garnish with fresh coriander.
- Enjoy with a steaming hot bowl of rice, pickle & pappadum on the side.