- 1 Cup Tamarind
- 2 Cups Luke Warm Water
- Chilled Water
- Fresh Mint Leaves (Dry Will Do Too)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Roasted Cumin Powder
- Pinch of Pink Salt (Can Substitute for Jaggery/Sugar/Honey)
Prep: 5 minutes
Cooking: 10 minutes
- Soak a cup of tamarind in lukewarm filtered water. Cover and keep for minimum 25-30 mins.
- Sieve the tamarind and extract as much pulp as you can. Use the tamarind water too. This is your concentrate.
- In a glass add 2-3 tablespoons of the tamarind concentrate and add a pinch of pink salt, roasted cumin powder, fresh mint leaves (chopped or whole is your choice).
- Add chilled water/ice cubes and your tamarind juice is ready!
- Tip: Add a tiny pinch of red dry chili powder for a spicy punch.