- 10-12 Baby Potatoes
- 7-8 Tbsp Sweet Tamarind Chutney
- 5-6 Tbsp Green Mint Chutney
- Onions (finely chopped)
- Tomatoes (finely chopped)
- Cilantro Leaves (finely chopped)
- Chaat Masala (for garnishing)
- Fresh Lemon (for flavoring)
- Salt to Taste
Prep: 20 minutes
Cooking: 60 minutes
- Thoroughly wash the potatoes and then boil them until cooked well.
- Once boiled, let them sit for about 10 minutes until they are slightly cooled.
- In the meantime, line a baking tray with foil or parchment and lightly drizzle some oil. Preheat the oven to 375 F or 190 Degrees. (Tip: To get crispy potatoes, it’s important to roast them in the oven but you can also use an air fryer or simply pan fry them)
- Once the potatoes have cooled down, gently flatten each potato separately by pressing it with a 4-5-inch flat plate or bowl, making sure they don’t break apart.
- Line these flattened potatoes on the baking sheet and sprinkle some salt. Roast them in the oven for about 20 minutes on one side, until golden brown and crisp. Next, flip them and roast for another 20 minutes on the other side, until brown and crisp. (Tip: While flipping the potatoes, if you feel that they are sticking to the foil or parchment, then drizzle a few drops of oil).
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and let sit for 10 minutes until cooled down.
- Now, top these potatoes with tamarind chutney, mint chutney, finely chopped onions, tomatoes, cilantro and sev.
- Give them a nice sprinkle of chaat masala, a squeeze of lemon and done, your tater chaat is ready!