- 10 Pieces Of Korean Rice Cakes (Tteok) Cut into Halves
- 1 Tbsp Korean Gochujang Sauce
- 1.5 Tbsp Tomato Ketchup
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 Tsp Toasted Sesame Seeds
- 1 Tsp Sesame Oil (H&O)
- 1 Tsp Vegetable Oil
Prep: 5 minutes
Cooking: 20 minutes
- If you are using refrigerated Tteoks/rice cakes, blanch them in boiling water for about 1 minute until they are soft. Next drain the water and run the rice cakes under cold water. Pat dry the rice cakes and splash them with some sesame oil. In case you are using fresh and already soft rice cakes are, you can skip this step.
- Put the Tteoks onto each skewer.
- In a well-heated pan, drizzle in vegetable oil and grill both sides of the rice cakes on medium-high until they slightly crispy and golden.
- In a separate pan, heat some vegetable oil and add in Gochujang, Soy Sauce, Tomato Ketchup, and Honey and simmer for 2-3 minutes on medium-high flame.
- Once the sauce is ready, brush on the sauce on the rice cakes and garnish with green onions and sesame seeds.