- Makes 12-15 Buns
- 375 Gms Refined Flour (unbleached preferred)
- 2 Eggs (room temperature)
- 4 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 15 Gms Dry Active Yeast
- 75 Gms Butter
- 20 Gms Vegetable Oil
- 1 Cup Luke Warm Milk
- Tutti Frutti (as much one likes)
Prep: 45 minutes
Cooking: 30 minutes
- Sieve the flour, make a well in between add measured sugar, yeast, milk. Add salt, one egg and knead to a soft dough. Once it comes together, add butter, oil and tutti frutti. Knead for a good 10 minutes and then wrap the dough in a wet muslin cloth. Allow it to proof for 1 hour or till it doubles in size.
- Punch out the air and divide the dough into equal portions (if you have a weighing scale – weigh to make sure each round ball is 65 grams).
- Make balls, press them gently, place on a baking tray, apply egg wash (whisk one egg).
- Bake at 180 degrees for 20 minutes or till done.