- Serves 2
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 3 Green Chilies
- 2 Tbsp Corn Flour
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Milk
- 1 Cup Macaroni Pasta (boiled)
- 1/4 Cup Pumpkin Puree (roasted)
- 1 Tbsp Cajun Spice
- 1 Tbsp Chili Flakes
- Salt to Taste
- Curry Leaves
Prep: 15 minutes
Cooking: 25 minutes
- Boil the pumpkin and let it cool down before making the puree.
- Boil the pasta in salted water till al dente. Drain and run under cold water before drizzling a tbsp of oil so doesn’t stick.
- Heat olive oil in a pan. Once hot enough, add chopped garlic cloves and finely chopped chillies.
- Next, add cornflour and sauté it until raw smell goes away.
- Then add a tbsp or more of coconut milk and make a paste. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Now add the pumpkin puree, followed by salt, cajun spice and sugar. Sauté for 2 minutes and then add the remaining coconut milk and a few tablespoons of pasta water.
- Close the lid and cook for 2-3 minutes till the water evaporates and you get a saucy texture.
- Now add the pasta and mix everything. Remove from the heat.
- In another pan, toast some chopped hazelnuts and remove. In the same pan, heat a tsp of oil and toast the curry leaves and chilli flakes in it. Add it to the pasta before serving.