- 1 Onion, Sliced
- 1 Tbsp Garlic, Chopped
- 1 Cup 3 Color Bell Pepper, Chopped
- 1 Tomato, De-seeded & Julienne
- 1 Small Cup Corn, Boiled
- 1 Cup Processed Cheese, Grated
- 4 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- 3 Tbsp Flour
- 400 ml Milk
- 1 Cup Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 Tbsp Mexican Seasoning
- 1 Tsp Nutmeg Powder
- 8 Taco Shells
- Chopped Cilantro
Prep: 20 minutes
Cooking: 20 minutes
- Preheat the oven at 180C and bake the taco shells for 8 mins. (But do check for instructions on the taco package).
- Take a pot and heat 3 tbsp butter and flour. Let the flour cook-off. Pour in milk slowly and whisk properly. Make sure there are no lumps. Once all the milk is added add in the salt, pepper, nutmeg and mozzarella. Whisk in this sauce properly. Keep it aside.
- Take a pan and heat some oil and butter. Add in the sliced onion and garlic. Let it sauté for a while.
- When the onions are translucent, add in the tomatoes.
- Let it cook and add in the bell-peppers & corn. Sprinkle in salt, pepper and Mexican seasoning. Sauté for a while. Keep this filling aside.
- Heat the cheese sauce.
- Take the baked taco shells and fill them with the sautéed filling. Pour the cheese sauce on top. Top it up with grated processed cheese and garnish with chopped cilantro. (Optional: you can bake the filled taco shells again at 230C for 3 mins).
- Serve immediately with salsa & sour cream.