- 2 Kg Chicken (cut into big pieces)
- 4 Big Onions (finely sliced)
- 4 Tomatoes (finely chopped)
- 6-7 Potatoes (sliced)
- Fresh Coriander (finely chopped)
- 1 Tsp Peppercorns
- 2 Inch Cinnamon
- 10-12 Cloves
- 8-9 Dry Kashmiri Chilies
- 6-7 Green Chilies
- 1 Tbsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
Prep: 60 minutes
Cooking: 20 minutes
- Marinate the chicken with ginger-garlic paste, lime juice and salt. Set it aside for an hour.
- Next, heat oil and fry the whole spices on low flame. Then quickly add dry red chillies and fresh green chillies.
- After that, add the marinated chicken and mix well. Cover the vessel with a lid and let the chicken cook on low flame for 15-20 minutes. Once the chicken is cooked, it will leave the water. Save this water (broth) for further use.
- Once the chicken cools down, shred it and keep aside.
- Slice the potatoes, sprinkle salt on them and shallow fry. Keep aside for later.
- Next, heat oil and add finely sliced onions to fry well. Add salt and once the onions turn translucent, add the tomatoes along with turmeric. Fry well until mushy.
- Next, add ginger-garlic paste and fry well on low flame.
- Then add black pepper powder followed by previously shredded chicken. Mix well to coat all the spices.
- Finally, add the previously-saved chicken broth. Mix well and let it cook until the chicken absorbs some of the broth (don’t make it too dry).
- Now turn the gas off and add fried potatoes to the chicken. Mix gently and cover for some time for the potatoes to turn juicy.
- Taddaaa!! Violet Meat Roast is ready to be served with pulao rice or pao.