- Serves 4
- 1 Cup Whole Wheat (Soaked in Water Overnight)
- 4 Tbsp Govardhan Ghee
- 1 Tbsp Raisins (Vedaka)
- 1 Tbsp Cashews Chopped (Vedaka)
- 1 Tbsp Almonds Chopped (Vedaka)
- 1 Cup Jaggery
- 1/2 Tsp Cardamom Powder
- 1/2 Cup Amul Milk
Prep: 15 minutes
Cooking: 30 minutes
- Take whole wheat and clean these good. Remove dirt or pebbles if any. Wash wheat 2-3 times with water good.
- Soak wheat in enough water overnight.
- In the morning transfer the wheat into the cooker and add water. Keep the water in which we soaked wheat. Add water and close the lid.
- Cook on medium heat until 7-8 whistles. If wheat is not cooked first, then cook these again.
- Take the cooked wheat out into a blender jar and blend these coarse. You also can beat the wheat with a masher or whisk.
- Heat ghee in a pan. When ghee is enough hot, add almonds and cashew nuts. When these begin to turn light golden add raisins and fry until they puff.
- Add the blended wheat and mix well. Cook for about 3-4 minutes.
- When it comes together, add jaggery and mix well. Cook for another 4-5 minutes. As the wheat gets cooked it absorbs water. So, you can add more if needed to adjust the consistency. The kheer thickens up as it cools down.
- Add cardamom powder and mix well. The base for kheer is ready.
- While serving kheer add a little hot milk at a time and mix. Cook again for 4 -5 mins after adding milk.