- 1 Cup Wheat Flour
- 4 Tsp
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp
- 1 Tsp Oil
- 2-3 Tbsp
- 3 Cups Water
- 1 Slab of Maggi Noodles
- 1/4 Cup Finely Chopped Carrots
- 1 Extra Pack Maggi Masala (Optional)
Prep: 10 minutes
Cooking: 30 minutes
- In a bowl, add wheat flour,4 tsp salt, ½ tsp oil, and 2-3 tbsp water. Knead this mixture for 10 minutes till it stops sticking to the surface of the bowl and forms a thick dough.
- Rest this dough for 20-30 minutes and cover it with a damp cloth.
- Meanwhile, in a pan, heat 1 tsp oil. Add chopped carrots and saute for 2 minutes on a low-medium flame.
- Add Maggi masala, 1 tsp salt, water, and the Maggi noodles to this and cook for 7-8 minutes till the Maggi gets well boiled.
- Make sure all the water gets soaked in and the consistency of the noodles is dry. Turn off the flame and let the noodle mixture cool for 10 minutes.
- Take the dough and make small balls out of it. Flatten these balls and roll them out with a rolling pin.
- In the middle of these flat circles, add 1 tbsp of Maggi noodle mixture and wrap them up in the shape of a dumpling.
- While closing these dumplings/momos/gyozas, make sure to add water around the edges so they don’t split while steaming.
- In a deep vessel, steam 3 cups of water and add a steel dish on it that is greased with butter/oil. On this dish, add all the dumplings and steam this on a low-medium flame for 10-15 minutes or till you see the wheat dumplings start to become transparent.
- Once they are steamed, you can also choose to pan-fry them in a pan with hot oil. Serve with ketchup or a dip made with soya sauce, schezwan, and sesame seeds. Enjoy!