- For the Dough – 1/4 Cup Almonds
- 1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 40 Grams Unsalted Cold Butter
- 1/2 Garlic Powder
- For the filling – 2 Parboiled Potatoes (peeled and thinly sliced)
- 1/4 Cup Spring Onions
- 1-2 Tablespoon Cream (from home)
- Salt & Paprika to Taste
- Oil to Dab
Prep: 30 minutes
Cooking: 45 minutes
- Grind the whole almonds in a mixer. Add whole wheat flour, salt and garlic powder. Combine well.
- Add the butter and mix until it looks like bread crumbs. Add 1 tablespoon ice-cold water at a time and mix.
- Add only as much as needed to bring the dough together. The dough should not be soft nor hard. It should be firm but rollable. Wrap in cling film and then refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile mix the cream, salt and paprika well. Grease a baking tray and keep it ready with a parchment paper on it. Preheat the oven at 180 degrees C.
- Take out the dough. Roll into small discs and place on parchment paper. Leave a little space from the edge of the disc and spread the cream and spice mixture on the base at the centre.
- Place some potato slices. Sprinkle the spring onions.
- Add a pinch of salt very lightly on the top. Fold the edges of the dough over the filling and overlapping it if needed.
- Brush with oil on top and bake for 30 minutes in the oven. Serve hot.