- 1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour (120 G)
- 2 Teaspoon Baking Powder Double-Acting
- 1/4 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 + 1/8 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon Powder
- 1 Large Cage-Free Egg (beaten at room temperature)
- 1 Large Banana (mashed well, riper the better)
- 1 Tablespoon Melted Butter or Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Sweetener (Sugar Lite – a 50-50 Blend of Stevia and Sugar ground to a fine powder or 1-2 tablespoon fine sugar or powdered jaggery or a bit of stevia)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- For the Buttermilk – 1 Cup Milk (240 G) Room Temperature
- 1/2 Tablespoon Vinegar or Lemon Juice
- To Cook – Extra Butter or Oil
Prep: 10 minutes
Cooking: 15 minutes
- First, combine the milk and vinegar or lemon juice in a bowl. Set aside. Your milk will curdle, which will help make your pancakes fluffier.
- In a large bowl, whisk together your dry ingredients: whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon powder. Sift them if you would like even fluffier pancakes
- In another bowl, combine the beaten egg, well-mashed banana, melted butter, sweetener and milk-vinegar mixture.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry. Mix until just combined.
- Let the batter sit for 5 minutes so the whole wheat flour can absorb the liquid and soften. If your batter seems too thick, add a little milk or water.
- Over low heat, melt little butter or add oil (around 1/2 teaspoon per pancake).
- Drop around 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake.
- When a few bubbles appear, flip the pancake over and cook for 1-2 more minutes.
- Serve with banana slices and your favourite liquid sweetener.
Nutrition – Serving: 3 pancakes | Calories: 424.5kcal | Carbohydrates: 66.2g |Protein: 12.3g |Fat: 15.2g| Fibre: 10.1g.