- 18-20 Pitted Dates
- 1 Cup Boiling Water
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- 1/2 Cup Oil
- 1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 3/4 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/3 Cup Walnuts/Almonds (optional)
Prep: 15 minutes
Cooking: 35 minutes
- Soak dates in boiling water for about an hour or till they are soft.
- Blend to make a paste. You can keep some dates aside, chop and add them later.
- Next, add oil and mix.
- Add baking soda and baking powder to the mix.
- Then add one teaspoon flour at a time to the date mixture and stir.
- Taste and add sweetener of your choice, if needed. Add milk if the mixture looks dry.
- Now add the nuts, chopped dates and mix.
- Preheat the oven at 350F. Bake the cake in a greased oven dish for 30-35 minutes.