- 5 Taro Leaves or Colocasia Leaves
- 2 Tsp – Jeera, Ajwain, Sesame Seeds, Coriander Seeds, Crushed Jaggery, Tamarind
- Salt to Taste
- 5 Garlic Cloves
- Inch of Ginger
- 3 Green Chili
- 2 Pinch Turmeric
- 1/2 Cup Coriander Leaves for The Paste
- 2 Cup Gram Flour
- 1 Cup Water
- Oil to Shallow Fry
- Coconut and Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves for Garnishing
Prep: 20 minutes
Cooking: 10 minutes
- In big bowl take gram flour. Now grind a smooth paste of jeera, ajwain, jaggery, tamarind, garlic, green chilli, ginger, coriander seeds and leaves.
- Add the paste to the flour. Now add salt, sesame seeds and 1 tablespoons of oil and mix well.
- Gradually add water to form batter like cake and keep aside. Now take Colocasia leaves wash them and let them dry.
- Take one leaf put on a plate or flat surface and roll slowly it helps its stem to be flattened. One by one repeat the process.
- Take one leaf and apply the batter with spoon and spread everywhere.
- Put another leaf apply the batter and repeat it. Now close the batter fill of leaves slowly into roll.
- In a large utensil add 1 glass of water to boil. Apply oil to the sieve and place leaves in center. Let it steam for 5mins. Now take in plate and cut into pieces.
- In a frying pan add 4 tablespoons of oil. On medium flame fry for 5 minutes on both sides.
- Drain on paper towel. Serve hot and garnish with coconut and coriander leaves.