- 1 Kg Chicken
- 3 Medium Sized Onions, Chopped
- 15-16 Garlic Cloves, Sliced
- 2 Green Chilies, Sliced
- 1 Small Onion, Cut in Quarters
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper, Diced
- 1 Tomato, Diced
- 1 Inch Ginger, Julienned
- 1 Cup Curd
- 2-3 Tsp Kashmiri Red Chili Powder (Mdh)
- 1 1/2 Packets Meat Masala (Mdh)
- Lemon Juice from Half A Lemon
- 1 Tsp Crushed Black Pepper
- 1 Black Cardamom
- 5-6 Cardamoms
- 7-8 Whole Black Pepper
- 1 Stick Cinnamon
- 6-8 Cloves
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1/4 Nutmeg
- Mustard Oil
Prep: 120 minutes
Cooking: 60 minutes
- Add red chilli powder, lemon juice, salt, pepper powder, ½ packet meat masala, 1 tbsp mustard oil, to curd and whisk until smooth.
- Marinate chicken in the curd mix for at least 2 hrs.
- Combine black cardamom, small cardamoms, whole black pepper, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg to a mortar pestle and crush roughly.
- Heat mustard oil in a kadhai. Add the crushed masala and bay leaves and cook for 30 sec. on low flame.
- Add green chillies and onion to the oil and cook till onions are light brown.
- Add garlic and cook till onions are cooked well (should be reddish-brown).
- Add the marinated chicken to the kadhai and mix well.
- Cover and cook for 10-12 mins.
- When chicken is half cooked, add quartered onions, diced bell pepper and tomatoes, add the remaining meat masala, and give it a good mix. Cover and cook for another 15-20 mins until chicken is cooked to your liking. Check for seasoning.
- Add julienned ginger, cook for another minute and turn off the stove. It is now ready to eat.