- For the Mousse
- 400 gms Plain Yoghurt
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Essence
- 3 Tbsp Natural Strawberry Jam/Preserve (St.Dalfours’)
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- For the Assembly
- 12-15 Strawberries, Chopped
- 10 Ginger Biscuits, Crushed (Mcvities)
Prep: 7 minutes
Cooking: 50 minutes
- Preheat oven to 180°C. In a large mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients listed under ‘for mousse’. Using a balloon whisk, mix until well-combined. Transfer to a baking pan.
- Bake at 180°C for 50 minutes or until the top has browned lightly. Remove and allow it to cool on the counter. The dessert will leave a lot of water — that is perfect. Refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours.
- To assemble, spoon crushed ginger biscuits into a dessert bowl. Then drain the water from the baked yoghurt and spoon into the bowl. Top with fresh strawberries and crushed biscuit crumbs. Serve immediately.