- For Bbq Sauce – Tomato Ketchup
- Dark Soy
- Chings Chilly Schezwan Sauce (Or Any Shop-Bought Sauce)
- For Grill – 60ml Olive Oil (Or as Required)
- Salt to Taste
- 1 Teaspoon Crushed Pepper
- 4 Cloves Garlic (Crushed)
- 1 Teaspoon Mixed Herbs
- 2 Tablespoons Butter (Frozen)
- 2 Tablespoons Cream
- 60ml White Wine
- 2 Tablespoons Mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 2 Chicken Breasts (Boneless)
- Vegetable & Potato Side – 200gm Broccoli/Carrot/Baby Corn/French Beans/Cauli Flower/Zucchini/Eggplant (Diamond-Cut, Mixed & Blanched In Hot Water)
- 1 Potato (cubed into 3 pieces and boiled till soft with skins on)
Prep: 10 minutes
Cooking: 25 minutes
- Marinate the chicken breast with olive oil, salt pepper, herbs, chopped garlic and set aside.
- Boil the vegetables and potatoes as well and set aside.
- Heat a pan or skillet, add a teaspoon of oil and lower the breasts of chicken into the pan with the skin side facing down. Let it sear for 5 minutes before turning around.
- When turned, add in 4 dollops of chilled butter and some crushed garlic and baste the skin a couple of times.
- Then deglaze with white wine. Cover and let the breasts cook for 10 minutes (occasionally turn and adding little water to cook).
- Now brush on some of the barbecue sauce you made a couple of times and let it caramelise. Once you pass the ten-minute mark, the breasts are cooked. Remove and set aside.
- In the same pan, add butter, cream and mustard with some orange zest or a measure of orange juice and toss the potatoes. Season it with salt pepper and honey.
- Remove it with a spatula and place on a plate.
- In a clean pan, add the veggies. When they sizzle, add butter, season with salt and pepper and toss. Serve them alongside the potatoes.
- This dish can be plated individually or can be served family-style with chicken breasts over a bed of sur-cabbage, with the veggies and potatoes in a side bowl and barbecue sauce to dip.