- Serves 3
- 500 Grams Chicken
- 1/2 Onion (thickly-sliced)
- 2 Potatoes (medium-sized, peeled and cut in half)
- 1 Inch Ginger
- 5-6 Garlic Cloves
- A Tsp or less Whole Jeera (cumin seeds)
- A Tsp or less Whole Dhaniya (coriander seeds)
- A Tsp or less Kashmiri Chilies Flakes or Powder
- A Tsp or less Haldi (turmeric)
- 1/2 OR 1 Whole U-Morok or Ghost Pepper
- A handful of Sundried Bamboo Shoots
- Salt to Taste
- Water as Required
Prep: 10 minutes
Cooking: 30 minutes
- Wash chicken pieces thoroughly and drain excess water.
- Coarsely grind ginger and garlic. Keep aside.
- Quick rinse the sun dried bamboo shoot and keep aside.
- In a pan, add one spoon cooking oil. Once the oil is heated, add jeera, dhaniya seeds and onions. Sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add ginger-garlic mix and sauté for a minute.
- Now add chicken, red chillies, turmeric powder and potatoes. Mix well, cover and cook for 10 minutes on low flame. Add one spoon water if it starts to stick to the pan.
- Separately boil 2 cups of water. Add potatoes to the boiling water and cook for 5 minutes.
- Once the chicken starts to release its juices, add bamboo shoot and salt and cook for 5 minutes on low flame.
- Add U-morok followed by semi-cooked potatoes and the boiled water. Cover and cook for 10-15 min on a medium flame till the chicken is cooked.