- For the Ragi Batter
- 1/2 Cup Urad Dal (Soaked For 4-5 Hours)
- 1 Cup Idli Rawa (Soaked For 30 Minutes)
- 1 Cup Ragi Flour
- Salt – As Per Taste
- 1 Pinch Baking Soda
- For the Onion Paste
- 3 Onions (Medium Sized)
- 1-inch Ginger
- 6 – 7 Garlic Cloves
- 2 – 3 Green Chilies
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric Powder (Everest)
- 1 Tsp Red Chilli Powder (Everest)
- Salt – As Per Taste (Tata)
- 1 Tsp Coriander Powder (Everest)
- 250 gms Boneless Chicken
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- Chopped Curry Leaves
- Chopped Mint Leaves
- Chopped Coriander Leaves
Prep: 20 minutes
Cooking: 60 minutes
- Preparation Time: 8 hours (to ferment the batter overnight).
- Grind soaked urad dal to smooth paste. Mix Idli Rawa and ragi flour to the paste. Add baking soda and salt and keep the batter to ferment overnight.
- Take about 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan and add few chopped curry leaves, mint leaves and coriander leaves after the oil heats up.
- Add the onion paste and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add boneless chicken and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, salt & coriander powder and mix well.
- Cook for 10 mins and remove the lid. Fry till the liquid evaporates.
- Once the liquid evaporates let it cool and start shredding the chicken.
- Make small patties of the shredded chicken.
- Take the idli mould and add little ragi batter to it then place the patty on top and pour little more batter on top such that it covers the entire patty.
- Repeat the same with all the patties.
- Steam the idlis for 20-25 minutes and they are ready.
- Serve the idlis with pudina chutney or sambar.