- 1 Cup Unsalted Butter (Amul)
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tsp Almond Extract
- 2¼ Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 48 Whole Blanched Almonds
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1 Tbsp Water
Prep: 45 minutes
Cooking: 10 minutes
- Heat oven to 180℃.
- Combine butter and sugar in a large mixer bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping the bowl often, until creamy (1 to 2 minutes).
- Add egg and almond extract and beat until well mixed.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt and beat on low speed, until well mixed (1 to 2 minutes).
- Shape the dough into 1-inch balls. Place them 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Flatten slightly and press an almond into the center of each cookie.
- Beat egg yolk with water in a small bowl and brush the cookies with the mixture.
- Bake for 11 to 15 minutes or until just set.
- Remove from the cookie sheet and cool completely.