- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil (or any cooking oil)
- 1 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 Small White Onion (finely chopped)
- 3 Garlic Cloves (finely chopped)
- 10 Button Mushrooms (thinly sliced)
- 1 Tbsp Oats/Wheat Flour/Maida (finely powdered)
- 2 Cups Water/Vegetable Stock
- 1/2 Tsp Pepper Powder
- 1 Tsp Mixed Herbs (or 1 Dominos oregano sachet)
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- Salt to Taste
Prep: 10 minutes
Cooking: 20 minutes
- Firstly, in a large pan heat oil and butter to sauté the onion and garlic till onions become translucent.
- Then add sliced mushrooms, salt to taste and sauté till the mushrooms turn brown. Add oats flour/wheat flour/ maida. Mix and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add water/vegetable stock along with pepper powder, mixed herbs and salt as per state. Mix well and keep stirring. Bring to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Cool and blend half of the simmered mushroom into the blender (can also puree entire mixture to get a creamy consistency).
- Transfer the blended puree back to the pan. Adjust the consistency of the soup with water/vegetable stock.
- Then add cream for extra creaminess (you can replace cream with milk if you are diet conscious).
- Mix well and simmer for a minute. Do not boil, as cream might curdle.
- Stir well making sure the soup has a creamy consistency.