- 500 Gms Bhindi/Okra, Washed, Pat Dry And Chopped To Half Inch Size
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 Tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 Tsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
- 1 Long Green Chilly, Finely Chopped
- 1 Large Onion, Sliced
- 1/2 Cup Curd
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tsp Kashmiri Red Chili Powder
- 1 Tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 Tsp Cumin Powder
- Salt To Taste
- Handful Of Coriander Leaves and Dried Fenugreek Leaves/Kasuri Methi To Garnish
Prep: 15 minutes
Cooking: 15 minutes
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan on medium flame. Shallow fry the okra/bhindi. Keep it aside.
- In the same pan, add another tbsp oil along the cumin seeds, bay leaf, ginger-garlic paste and green chilies. Sauté for a minute on medium flame.
- Add the sliced onions and sauté it until it turns translucent.
- In a bowl, whisk curd, turmeric, Kashmiri red chili powder, coriander powder and cumin powder.
- Lower the flame, add the curd mixture and stir it continuously. Cook until oil separates out.
- Add the shallow fry okra/bhindi to the pan. Mix well. Cook for another 2 minutes on low flame.
- Add salt to taste and garnish it with coriander leaves and kasuri methi. Serve hot.