- 1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1/4 Cup Oil
- 1/2 Cup Sugar/Jaggery Powder (adjust as per your taste)
- 1/4 Cup Grated Carrot
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tsp Vinegar
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Essence
- A Pinch of Salt
Prep: 15 minutes
Cooking: 30 minutes
- Add vinegar in milk and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk sugar and oil till the sugar melts.
- Now add grated carrot, vanilla essence and milk. Mix well.
- Next, add the dry ingredients and fold the batter. Do not over mix.
- Transfer the cake mixture to the prepared tin and bake at 180 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
- Check if the knife/toothpick comes out clean. If it does, then it’s done. Enjoy with your chai or coffee!