- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- 5 Tablespoons Powdered Sugar
- 1 1/2 Cup Room Temp Buttermilk*
- 2 Room Temp Eggs, Separated
- 1 Tablespoon Melted and Cooled Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Cooking Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
Prep: 15 minutes
Cooking: 25 minutes
- Sift the flour, baking powder, and sugar together in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the buttermilk, egg yolks, butter, oil and vanilla till combined.
- Stir the dry mixture into the wet mix until incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, beat up the egg whites till stiff peaks form. Fold the beaten egg whites into the batter.
- Heat a non-stick pan on low to medium heat. Once heated, scoop out a portion of batter onto the pan and cook for around 2 minutes or till bubbles start forming on the top. With a spatula flip the pancake over and cook for 30 seconds. Don’t press down on the pancake or it’ll deflate.
- Buttermilk substitute: Add 1 & 1/2 tbsp vinegar to 1 & 1/2 cup milk and stir, leaving to rest for 15 minutes before recipe prep.
- You can skip step 4 and just add in the whole egg in step 2. Pancakes will just turn a little less fluffy but equally tasty.
- Makes around 10 -15 medium-size pancakes
- You can top off the pancakes with whipped cream, melted chocolate, fresh fruits, maple syrup or even honey. Whatever floats your boat.