- 1 Kg Carrots (Grated)
- 1.5 Liters Full Cream Milk
- 4 Tbsp Ghee
- 10 Tsp Sugar (As Per Taste)
- 1 Tsp Cardamom Powder
- Saffron – Few Strands
- Dry Fruits – Of Your Choice (You Can Also Use Ghee Roasted Nuts as Well but I Use as It Is)
- 100 gms Khoya (Grated)
Prep: 10 minutes
Cooking: 10 minutes
- In a heavy bottom kadai boil full cream milk. Now add grated carrot and cardamom powder to milk and wait for few quick boils for 5-10 mins, while you keep stirring. Now let it simmer on medium flame.
- Now after 20 mins approx. when the milk is reduced to 60-65% add sugar to the mix.
- Add your dry fruits and saffron strands to it and give it a mix.
- Now when you see the milk is almost absorbed add ghee to it and let it simmer more.
- You have to cook it now on medium-low flame till milk is completely absorbed and ghee starts appearing on the sides.
- Now add grated khoya, give it a mix, let it on the flame for 3-4 mins on low flame. And you are done.
- Garnish it with nuts and serve it hot.