- For Cooking
- 500 Grams Chicken (Desi/Gavti)
- 4 Tbsp Oil
- 2 Bay Leaves (Tej Patta)
- 2 Black Cardamom (Badi Elaichi)
- 6 Cloves
- 6 Pepper Corns
- 1 Tbsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
- 3 Onions, Sliced
- 3 Tomato, Puréed
- 1 Tbsp Garam Masala
- 1 Tbsp Dhanya Powder
- 1 Tbsp Kitchen King Masala
- 1 Tsp Degi Mirch Powder
- 1 Tsp Chicken Masala (any)
- Salt to Taste
- For the Garnish
- Coriander Leaves and Ginger, Julienned
Prep: 10 minutes
Cooking: 20 minutes
- In a pressure cooker, heat the oil and add bay leaves, black cardamom, cloves, peppercorns and ginger-garlic paste. Sautee well.
- Next, add onions and fry till light brown.
- Then add the tomato puree and rest of the dry masalas. Cook for a few minutes, add salt to taste and mix.
- Now add the chicken and cook for 10 minutes. Close the lid and pressure cook for 30 minutes first on high flame and after one whistle on low flame.
- Check if it’s done (desi chicken takes slightly longer) to cook.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and ginger.
About – A Kilo Of Kindness
#AKiloOfKindness is an initiative by From Around that aims at encouraging people to shop on www.21organic.com leading up to Diwali to raise funds for a child’s education. 100% of profits will go towards St. Catherine’s Home to help secure a child’s future. This time when you cook your favourite meal, you’d have changed someone’s world.