- 150 gm Stale Bread
- 200 ml Milk (you can also use 100gm milk & 100gm cream for a creamy texture)
- 150 gm Sugar
- 2 Eggs (beaten)
- 50gm (applied on the bread)
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- 50 gm Dry Fruits
- A Pinch Nutmeg
Prep: 15 minutes
Cooking: 20 minutes
- Take a cake tray and caramelise half the sugar over the stove.
- Then make a mixture with the remaining sugar, eggs, milk, vanilla essence and nutmeg.
- Butter the old slices of bread and line them in the cake try as you like.
- Gently pour over the custard mixture and allow the bread to soak in the mix. Here you can garnish with chocolate chips, nuts, raisins or dry fruits.
- Bake at 180 degree Celsius for 15 minutes. Once a golden-brown crust appears, remove and cool.
- Refrigerate and serve chilled with fresh-cut fruit, an instant custard and some crumbled biscuits for that texture of cream, soft and crunch!