- 3 Small Cups Rice – Not Basmati (India Gate)
- 1 Small Cup Chana Dal
- 1/2 Small Cup Toor Dal
- 1/2 Small Cup Moong Dal
- 1/2 Small Cup Urad Dal
- 1 Tsp Fenugreek Seeds
- 100 g Grated Lauki – Bottle Gourd
- 1 Grated Carrots
- 3 Tbsp Cabbage
- 4 Spring Onions
- 1 Tbsp Green Chilli and Ginger Paste
- 2 Tbsp Roasted and Crushed Peanuts
- 10 – 12 Curry Leaves
- A Pinch Asafoetida – Hing (MTR)
- 1 Tbsp Coriander Leaves
- 2 Tbsp Sesame Seeds
- 1 Tsp Fennel Seeds
- 1/4 Tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tsp Powdered Sugar
- 3 Tbsp Cooking Oil (Safola)
- A Pinch Baking Soda
- Salt: As Per Taste (Tata Lite)
- Few Drops Of Lemon Juice
Prep: 20 minutes
Cooking: 20 minutes
- In a vessel, take 3 cups of Rice (not basmati), 1 cup Chana dal, ½ cup Moong dal, ½ cup Toor dal, ½ cup Urad Dal and 1 tsp Fenugreek seeds.
- Wash them well together and keep it aside to soak for 4 hours.
- After that, grind the soaked lentils in a mixer jar with 2 tbsp curd, to bring the consistency slightly thicker than Idli batter. (Use up to 2 tsp water if necessary).
- Transfer the paste in a vessel and keep it aside for 6-7 hours or overnight for fermentation.
- To this batter, add grated Lauki (Bottle Gourd) and carrots, chopped cabbage, spring onions, ginger and green chilli paste, roasted and crushed peanuts, curry leaves, chopped coriander, 1 tsp sesame seeds and fennel seeds, asafoetida, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, powdered sugar, salt, ½ tbsp cooking oil, baking soda and few drops of lemon juices.
- Mix all the ingredients thoroughly well.
- In a pan or Kadhai, add 2 tbsp of cooking oil, ½ tsp each of mustard seeds and sesame seeds, few curry leaves.
- To this tadka, add the vegetable batter and spread it evenly. Cover it with a lid and cook on medium flame for 7-8 minutes on each side.
- Serve it hot in pizza slices with a chutney of your choice.