- 1 Kg Curry Cut Chicken
- 1 Cup Thin Coconut Milk (mix half portion with water)
- 1 Cup Thick Coconut Milk
- 2 Onions (big)
- 1 Cup Coconut (grated)
- 1 Lime (or lime sized tamarind ball)
- 2 Tablespoons Methi Seeds
- 2 Tablespoons Jeera Seeds
- 2 Tablespoons Peppercorns
- 2 Tablespoons Coriander Seeds
- 15 Garlic Cloves
- 10 Dry Kashmiri Mirchis
- 12 Spicy Dry Mirchi
- 5 Curry Leaves
- 2 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- Salt to Taste
- 4 Tablespoon Ghee
Prep: 10 minutes
Cooking: 30 minutes
- Marinate the chicken in ginger and garlic paste for 1 hour in the fridge.
- Heat some ghee in the pan add the grated coconut, half sliced onions, 1 teaspoon turmeric powder and tamarind. Fry till coconut and onions are brown.
- Dry roast the methi, coriander, jeera, peppercorns, garlic and dry chillies for 5 minutes on low.
- Cool down both the mixes and grind them in a fine paste with water together.
- In a pan heat some more ghee and add the onions, ground masala and turmeric. Fry till onions are brown.
- Add the thin coconut milk and the curry leaves and get it to boil.
- Add the chicken. Mix it well with the masalas and get it to boil.
- Cook the chicken for 30 to 35 minutes and when almost done, add the coconut milk and bring it to a boil. Switch off the gas.
- Put some ghee before serving with Rotti.