- 250 Grams Prawns (deshelled and deveined)
- 15 Grams Tamarind Pulp
- 5 Curry Leaves
- 3 Green Chillies (slit)
- 3 Tablespoon Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Red Chilli Powder
- 5 Grams Pepper (crushed, better if fresh)
- 1 Teaspoon Coriander Powder
- Salt to Taste
- Fresh Coriander (for garnishing)
Prep: 10 minutes
Cooking: 20 minutes
- Marinate the prawns in ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder and red chilli powder.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add slit the slit chillies and fry for 30 seconds on medium flame.
- Add the ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and coriander powder. Fry till oil separates.
- Add the tamarind pulp and fry for another minute.
- Lower the heat and fry the prawns till they are done. Add salt to taste.
- Garnish with fresh coriander.
- Prawns cook very quickly, so be sure to get the tamarind mix almost ready before adding the prawns. The curry is best served with Malabar paratha or even dosa.